FORGED OF BLOOD is a riveting new Fantasy Turn-based Tactical RPG where the fate of a world hangs on your every decision. Engage in challenging tactical combat as you find your place in a morally grey fantasy world and decide whether the ends will ultimately justify your actions. Our game will throw players into a world being torn apart by racial tensions and sinister forces. Across the vast continent of Attiras, players will live the rise of power of the second son of a murdered king. From refugee to hero, players will have to navigate both strategic and tactical gameplay layers to forge the empire anew, or watch is run awash in blood.
Forged of Blood will pit players against fantastic creatures and brutal enemies on a tactical layer that is designed to encourage player flexibility and creativity in battle. Here, positioning, build efficiency, and tactics can mean the razor thin line between victory and defeat.
Outside of combat, players will be charged with retaking the world of Attiras. This layer will have two different windows that will pit players On the strategic map, players will move their combat parties around the continent to complete quests and claim territories.
- Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells in deep turn-based tactical combat against monsters and men.
- Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters any way you want – without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
- Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games.
- Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
- Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
- Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-axis Personality Plot system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.
Press Kit Materials
For additional images and hi-res branding materials please access our Google Drive link here.
Forged of Blood Game Deck
For more detailed information about our game please check out our Game Deck.
About Critical Forge
Critical Forge is a young studio with a old soul, looking to make games we grew up playing. We are a small independent team based out of Jakarta, Indonesia currently in production of a fantasy tactical RPG: Forged of Blood.
The first studio team was formed in February 2016 comprising of three game designers and three programmers, with the goal of creating prototype base for the game. Our resident artist joined us in March to help bring our world to life and set the visual style for the game. By the start of May, the studio has expanded to full capacity with the addition of two modelers and an animator. Upon completion of a prototype in late June 2016, the team went into full production of the game in July and are looking to complete a public presentation towards the end of 2016. The studio will plan on seeking additional funds at the start of 2017 via Kickstarter and/or Early Access to carry the production through completion in early 2018.
Projected Production Schedule:
- Pre-production: February 2016 – July 2016
- Production: July 2016 – October 2017
- Post-production: October 2017 – Early 2018